Spring has sprung and the team at Roland Black Heating and Cooling is counting down the days until Gastonia is in full bloom. We’re ready for the warm spring breeze and the blooming flowers but not so ready for the pollen.
As we anticipate spring’s arrival, we thought we’d share seven spring cleaning tips to help not only improve the air quality in your home but also to give you a fresh start to a new season.
- Before pollen graces us with its dusty, yellow presence, open your doors and windows and let the breeze flow throughout your home. It’s refreshing, it’s uplifting and it’s free air conditioning.
- Go on an adventure to a local greenhouse or nursery in Gastonia or Charlotte and find an indoor plant. Plants release oxygen into the air and can be good for your health. But be aware if you have severe allergies, they could do more harm than good.
- Clean out those air filters. In all honesty, homeowners should be doing this monthly, but that rarely happens. Take the spring cleaning fever as your cue to replace the air filters in your home.
- Schedule a duct cleaning appointment. Roland Black Heating and Cooling recently added state-of-the-art duct cleaning to its list of services, and this can help increase the air quality in your home. Get your ducts in a row and check it off your to-do list this spring.
- Block off some time on your calendar for laundry day. Wash all of your bed linens, your curtains and any blankets that you have around the house. This can help to get rid of any dust, pet dander or allergens that have been clinging to the material and polluting your air quality. If it’s been a while since you’ve cleaned out your dryer vent, we offer that service too!
- Purge your closet. This one may not have a direct correlation to improve the air quality in your home, but it will give you more space to breathe. Give away the clothes you don’t wear, the toys your kids have outgrown, the books you’ve already read and the decorations you no longer need. You’ll breathe easier after you do.
- Schedule your heating and cooling machine’s Spring Tune-Up with Roland Black Heating and Cooling. During the Spring Tune-Up our team of expert technicians will run diagnostic tests to make sure that it can withstand the summer heat. Now’s the time to prevent any problems before they become problems.
These 7 spring cleaning tips will help to give you a breath of fresh air this spring, and remember, Roland Black Heating and Cooling is there for any of your heating and cooling needs. Or if you want to call and talk about which plants help with indoor air quality, we can help with that too:
Our brother brand, Southern Cut Landscaping is the premiere landscaping company in the Charlotte/Mecklenburg area, and they can help you find your green thumb this spring.